Tuesday, July 19, 2011

summer is delicious.

well, hello there mid-july! 
it's me..the young lady who wakes up with full intentions of cramming my days with counted blessings, sun-kissed skin, compliments, hand written letters, prayers, music that moves my soul, children laughing, wandering with no direction or time frame, flea markets, concerts, writing, counting kisses on the forehead, and dreams....

dreams bigger than the gulf of mexico.

There is nothing, other than myself, that can stop me from being, seeing and doing all of the above (and more). 
nothing, other than myself.

I want every day to be a pretty picture I painted. 
I want to challenge myself to new, challenge myself to extreme and challenge myself to staying forever young.

i may or may not withhold the profession of a daydreamer..
playing big and dreaming hard....
putting my heart out there in this big, big world.
skipping through life....
down the yellow brick road and going a pace slower than many just to assure i never speed past the opportunity to make a pit stop in breckenridge colorado to play a game (okay, several) 
of ms pacman..because donating quarter after quarter to "downstairs at erics" only seems fair since i'm not much of a pizza fan.

life is full of attempts, often trying to get serious on me....
but for whatever reason, i just keep refusing to let it.
i have met tough in a face to face battle on multiple occasions, but kept my dancing shoes on during it all. sure, we all know you cant win every battle. but requesting the perfect song and purchasing a box of  fun band-aids to cover the blister on your heel, meeting tough will be a delightful opportunity....echoing these words
"keep dancing, pretty lady..keep dancing through life"

as a young child i took ballet lessons. i was far from graceful when wearing those baby pink ballet slippers. and the itchy tutu was more than obvious a discomfort to me. needless to say, ballet was never something I found compassion in. So instead I chose to gracefully pass that beautiful art on to the others... you know, the ones blessed with poise.

And on to the next.... I continued the life of a carefree little girl....one who never missed a beat and changed costumes a countless number of times a day....
for my own style was rather hyper.
I recall spending an entire day of preparation with a childhood friend on a (pretend) "recital"... an entire day prep work people!! only to end in an argument over the spelling of ballet on the welcome sign. I have to say this, as the first grade spelling bee winner and a lover of glitter, rest assured that the spelling was correct and the sign sparkled jussssst right.
Oh, and of course the markers put to work were none the less than the scented markers with stamps on the ends.
my role in making the welcome sign got all the attention i had in me, because that was my kind of art. I dream of a "wow-worthy" picture when I am the artist. that goes with the picture i am painting of life..

I dream of beautiful..
I dream of big.
I dream of bold..
I dream of a happiness most overlook..

I dream of things that make no sense..
the spelling of ballet is confusing to one ballerina, and to another, a glorious sign is made welcoming a pretend audience to the "big show" and it is made without a single doubt or second thought on the spelling of ballet.

If you open your eyes, you will find that your number one fan is indeed somewhere in the crowd, cheering you on..at every single production..

and chances are....

that number one fan is your mom.

So make her smile.
Always keep a good dose of "make-believe" to share.
remember that Peek-A-Boo is for all ages.
Daydream about magic.
Minding your manners will always be important.
Forever should your shoes and costumes change.
Take risky chances.
Kiss with passion.
Travel the "destination unknown" route.

Have pretend birthdays just for an excuse to throw confetti in the neat freaks home..
Because these things cause no harm, leave a beautiful mess, and paint a picture pretty enough to hang behind glass in any museum.

Life is fragile....
So if the wine glass breaks just know that wearing that red splashed stain hols a memory forever on your party dress, the gass can be swept under the rug and red lipstick to match makes all things fancy, so pucker up!

take in a good deep breath and before the doctor tells you to do so without going through the routine "deep breath for me sweetie" look him in the eyes and say.."I might not have your pretty paycheck but I do know this (with or without med school)..my heart is happy, beating at my own speed, and the deep breaths I take every day take in much more than air"

If something (anything) gives you a good feeling, hold it closer to your heart, pull that feeling in for warmth..and love like there is no tomorrow..just in case your dance is ready to graduate on to the red carpet in heaven.  

All the while there is still the echoing in your head..

"Keep dancing, pretty lady..keep dancing through life"

    

lovem

No comments:

Post a Comment