Friday, August 13, 2010

Don't Let Others Define You.

"If you allow other people to define you, they'll limit you-they'll define you in a way that is less than what God has for you. They'll define you as less successful than God wants you to be. They'll define you as less blessed, less intelligent, less effective, and less spiritual than God wants you to be. If you allow them to define you and limit you, you truly will be limited! You won't press forward into the fullness of what God says you can be. Know who you are in Christ."

I am reading A sensational Life by Paula White and this is what I flipped to this morning. It is wonderfully said and perfect timing. (Well, good timing. Not perfect. Perfect would have been a month or so earlier) Yes I am a sensitive girl and unafraid to admit that and knowing that I am misunderstood as a person is about like stumping your toe. It hurts. But from now on..I will hold my head up and know not to allow others to define me because it will only be less than what I really am.


one more quote and then to another note....
"great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, and SMALL MINDS DISCUSS PEOPLE"
What do you spend your social hour or lunch break talking about?

Another note totally unrelated.
HAPPY FREAKIN' FRIDAY THE 13th!!!!
I was thinking I could rap for you guys since the 13th fell on a Friday.But.... I'm going to ponder on that thought and maybe (i am not making any promises) come back with a wa-bam thank you maam rap Mal Dawg style.

love
m

Oh pssst- Bayou Lena will be here in an hour! That's a perky little way to start off a weekend, hey?!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There needs to be a "love it" button added to the reactions just sayin....

    ReplyDelete