Monday, August 2, 2010

neighborhood parties and lemonade stands.

This is  unwritten rule number 22
(yes, i made that number up strictly b/c i like it...so what)
 
ziggy can sleep downstairs and in the bed when the neighbors are having a party that is loud enough to make her BARK.


hot d*mn  i'm so comfy down here. sweet dreams? definitely!

yes. my pooch 
 is undeniably  
the most presh 
thing eva'! 
I realize this. I do.

*my new bedding- it (somehow) reminds me of the cutest lemonade stand on the block.... which leads me to two things. 
1) a picture
2) a story
oh how i adored baby-sitting this BEAUTY, Jay-Lee.



 















And now for the story.

once upon a time (last year) the sister and i came up with the radical idea of making our very own lemonade stand to possibly sale or something.....who knows.
a curbside goddess left us this i-dont-know-exactly-what-it-is piece of furniture that screamed "MAKE ME A LEMONADE STAND....OR ELSE!!!!!!!" So you better believe we did just that!
It turned out AH-dorable. 
Trust my word, please. (b/c I have zero pics for proof)
oh the ending. 
warning: it's sad.
WE LEFT THE FRIGGIN THING OUT IN THE RAIN AND IT JUST WASN'T MEANT FOR THAT. I mean, we like our lemonade sweet. So, we made the stand sweet. And what does rain do to sweet things? 
MELTS them.
it had a chalk board. 
fabric covered roof.
storage space in case marley and i tested it out for an adult lemonade stand and had to hide the vodka if cops wanted a glass.... kidding.

sigh. it bums me out looking back on how short of a life that little nugget of a stand had.

  
love, 
m

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment